<kbd id="ir8ozth7"></kbd><address id="vlsh4xip"><style id="d2y9h10u"></style></address><button id="cr73vqvc"></button>



          Here you will find all the resources and information you need to support you with your Art lessons, homework help and links to external resources.

          The Art Department at William Hulme’s Grammar School aims to deliver the very best in art education. We aim to produce creative and independent artists who have original ideas and are able to carry on their art education to higher education and beyond.

          Art offers unique opportunities for students to reveal their potential, express their ideas, develop their imaginations and investigate a wide range of images and artefacts.

          Art develops a visual language that complements other languages such as those used in mathematical, scientific, literary and factually based subjects. It encourages personal expression, imagination and sensitivity and practically-orientated attitudes.


          • Mrs E J Cooper - Faculty Leader of Arts & Technology / Subject Leader of Art 
          • Miss K M Chester - Teacher of Art and Design Technology 
          • Mrs S E McGlasson - Teacher of Art
          • Miss R A Dawson - Teacher of Art

          Schemes of Work

          Students study many different Schemes of Work from Year 7-9. Subjects include Fernand Leger, Pop Art, Egyptian Art, Faces and Gustav Klimt to name a few!

          Brief Description

          Over the course of years 7-9 pupils will produce creative work, exploring their ideas and recording their experiences they will become proficient in drawing, painting, sculpture and other art, craft and design techniques whilst evaluating and analysing creative works using the language of art, craft and design. Pupils will also learn about great artists, craft makers and designers, and understand the historical and cultural development of their art forms.

          KS3 Co-ordinator

          Mrs E J Cooper

          Schemes of Work

          Students study a variety of different schemes of work at GCSE. These range from subjects such as: Aboriginal Art, David Hockney, Dale Chihuly and Word and Image.

          Brief Description

          This is a well-established course for those students who wish to study the practical aspects of visual arts. The course gives students the opportunity to develop their interests in drawing, painting, construction, textiles, print making, photography and computer aided design through a series of taught projects. Coursework projects contribute 60% of the final marks and an exam project in Year 11 provides the remaining 40% leading to a single A*-G GCSE grade.

          KS4 Co-ordinator

          Mrs E J Cooper

          GCSE Art

          What's Involved?

          UNIT 1 Portfolio 60% Years 10/11

          You’ll be exploring a wide variety of materials such as: drawing inks, painting, elements of photography experimentation, Adobe Photoshop, printing, clay work, textiles and many more! You will research artists and art movements to build your knowledge.

          You will work with a visiting artist/photographer in an exciting workshop and also visit galleries in art trips.

          A01 Develop ideas A02 Record A03 Experiment A04 Your outcomes 

          UNIT 2 Exam 40% Year 11

          Choose one out of seven different areas given to you by AQA. This enables you to be independent with your choice. You’ll receive lots of advice and one-to-one support by your art teachers.

          The GCSE is graded (9-1) includes a 10 hour supervised period to create outcomes.

          Careers in Arts

          Artist ~ Graphic Designer ~ Special Effects ~ Game Designer ~ Website Designer  ~ Product Design Manager ~ Animation/Cartoon Creator ~ Visual Communications ~ Film and Video Director ~ Special Effects Creator ~ Theater Set Sesigner ~ Architect ~ Interior Designer ~ Gallery Curator ~ Garden Designer ~ Sculptor

          100% Pass Rate 2016 (A*-C in Art)

          Courses in Art:

          • Graphic Design
          • Art and Design A-Level
          • Foundation Art Course
          • Architecture Degree
          • Textiles A-Level
          • Photography and Video
          • 3D Designer
          • Theatre Studies
          • Illustration
          • Animation
          • Print Making
          • History of Art
          • Design and ICT
          • Art Therapist
          • Media Studies

          What course will I follow?

          AQA Photography 

          What will I study? 

          Photography is defined as the practice of producing images using digital methods of development and production to create still life or moving images. The course includes: light drawing, portraiture, location photography, experimental imagery, installation, documentary photography, photo-journalism, moving image: film, video and animation. Coursework projects contribute 60% of the final marks and an exam project in Year 11 provides the remaining 40% leading to a single GCSE grade (9-1). 

          Details of External Examinations 

          The final project (January – May = 96 Marks 40% of the GCSE). This includes a 10-hour unassisted exam which includes two days to create a photographic outcome. Students must stop work on their preparatory studies as soon as the first period of supervised time starts. 

          Details of Controlled Assessment 

          The Portfolio of Work is worth 96 marks which is 60% of the overall mark and must contain a selection of thoughtfully presented work that demonstrates the breadth and depth of the course of study. Students should show knowledge and understanding of at least one or more of the disciplines. 

          Additional Information 

          This is a broad course exploring practical and critical/contextual work through a range of processes and new media and technologies.

          The main purpose of any course in art, craft and design is to develop your ability to appreciate the visual world, respond in a personal and creative way and perhaps even contribute for the benefit of everyone.

          The skills you develop will be varied. Among them, you will develop a working knowledge of materials, practices and technology within art. You will develop the skills to interpret and convey your ideas and feelings using art, craft and design. You will develop your imaginative and creative powers and your experimental, analytical and documenting skills. You will also develop a specialist vocabulary and the knowledge and understanding of the place of art, craft and design in history and in contemporary society.

          View more information on A-Level Art

          Any important notices from the Arts Department will be posted here.

          Art Gallery

          The school is part of United Learning. United Learning comprises: UCST (Registered in England No: 2780748. Charity No. 1016538) and ULT (Registered in England No. 4439859. An Exempt Charity). Companies limited by guarantee. VAT number 834 8515 12.
          Registered address: United Learning, Worldwide House, Thorpe Wood, Peterborough, PE3 6SB. Tel: 01832 864 444

          Financial Accountability and Freedom of Information
          Website Terms, Cookies and Privacy

          United Learning

              <kbd id="e5abnuxk"></kbd><address id="xunsgxfo"><style id="yzxygdai"></style></address><button id="is8c5grh"></button>